• Understand the hazard profile of the work scope and ensure systems are in place to manage risks
• Ensure the work scope is in accordance to established procedures, methods and risk controls
• Stop work at any time if there are concerns about HSSE or when there are any deviations from the approved implementation plan.
• Monitor HSE project objectives and targets and take remedial action when necessary
• Communicate to the work team their QHSE responsibilities and holding them accountable
• Ensure the worksite activities are in accordance with IMA-Energy or client HSSEQ requirements and procedure
• Challenge, report and address unsafe acts and unsafe conditions when observed at the worksite
• Regularly take part in HSEQ meetings and communicate matters of concern to the management team
• Challenge risk perception for “routine” and “non-routine” tasks
• Ensure corrective actions are effectively implemented in a timely manner and learning's are shared and understood following investigation of incidents, quality non-conformities or customer complaints
• Raise Behavioural Observation Safety System cards
• Mentor less experienced personnel in safe working practices and acceptable behaviours
• Produce detailed construction programme including all relevant milestones, key activities and critical path items.
• Produce comprehensive schedules in various formats and detail to suit project team / client.
• Interface the schedules with the project budgets.
• Analyse validity of schedules submitted by outside parties contributing to the project. (i.e. Client and Sub-Contractors)
• Monitor actual job progress, compare to baseline programme and report progress against schedule.
• Analyze and report productivity and trends.
• Forecast the impacts on schedule of proposed changes.
• Recommend policy or procedural revisions that will improve schedule accomplishment.
• Attend management, project team and customer meetings as requested by the project manager.
• Assist management, project managers and colleagues to understand and accept scheduling concepts, theory and alternative approaches in scheduling project activities.
• Archive actual schedule achievements for estimating future similar projects.
• Produce labour histograms for company so that resources can be planned
• Maintain and develop the overall project plan for E&I & Design departments.
• Assign the personnel as per Manpower Schedule and man Power Histogram.
• Coordinate with personnel, client and arrange to mobile the personnel as per schedule and Plan.
• Prepare the training plan and arrange the training requirements for the personnel as per Client requirements and training plan.
Administrative / Leadership Responsibilities
• Co-ordinate all work activities of the site team and to ensure the safe and efficient completion of required work activities in accordance with IMA-Energy procedures and client specific requirements
• Lead by example and conduct yourself in a safe manner and in a manner to protect the safety of others.
- Stop work at any time if there are concerns about HSSE, Quality or when there are any deviations from the approved work plan
Report to Project Manager / Division Manager / Chief Engineer HR Dept, Project Services. Client Technical Personnel.
Client Project Personnel.
Third Party Sub-Contractors.
Auditors and regulatory authorities
FOR RECRUITMENT PURPOSES
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent. Technical Qualification in Electrical or Instrumentation and Controls
5 years’ Experience as a planner and coordinator and minimum. On site project experience would be an advantage in heavy industry or Oil & Gas sectors
Good written and verbal communication skills
Team player, good interpersonal skills
Creative, hardworking and motivated
Customer focuses skills.
Able to use Primavera and Microsoft Projects. Capable of delivering against agreed milestones and targets
Please note that you may be requested to undertake other duties from time to time and it is possible that your duties may change over time. You will be expected to co-operate with all reasonable requests. If the changes are deemed to be longer term then this job description will be revised.
If you are interested in this offer, please send us your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]