Purpose of Job:
Ensure all deliverables related to packages, equipment, materials and documentation are met or improved upon as per project schedule. Ensure the co - ordination of deliverables from both supplier organizations and internal functions. Understand and ability to analyze and challenge manufacturing production schedules and supplier leadtimes.
• Work closely with Materials Team and Material Controllers to ensure purchase orders are checked, released, shipped and receipted in a timely manner
• Provision of effective and timely levels of support to Operations.
• Build effective relationships with new and existing suppliers, maintain regular and effective communication with external and internal customers
• Ensure procedures and processes are adhered to.
• Ensure supply chain activities are in compliance with business ethics procedures and policies at all times.
• Promotes Supply Chain within and outside the business demonstrating expertise, integrity, innovation and professionalism
• Achieve on time delivery of packages, equipment and material items as well as project documentation, as a minimum
• Strive continually for improvement of all deliverables
• Ensure all expediting activities fully comply with Code of Business Conduct
• Manage appropriate relationships with suppliers and key stakeholders
• Assist with the development of expediting strategies and plans, as appropriate
• Ensure key document deliverables are submitted and approved within the required timescale
• Obtain supplier reports, analyze and challenge prior to distribution
• Ensure all stakeholders are aware of latest expediting information with respect to order deliverables
• Update reporting systems and tools with latest order status and information
• Maintain and produce contract specific expediting reports
• Provide order specific information for input to order tracking system
• Expedite purchase orders with suppliers, resolve any issues to ensure on time and complete delivery.
• Create shipments, bookings and transact movements
• Follow up on customs documentation and transactions
• Coordinate local transport with bookings and documentation
• Liaise with legal team and tax specialist on legal form of the suppliers and taxation specifics related to company purchases.
• Negotiate changes and other terms and conditions with suppliers to obtain the best return at the most cost effective prices possible, while retaining quality specifications
• Monitor supplier performance to ensure compliance with all contractual terms and conditions. Take necessary steps to resolve any supplier performance issues.
• Prepare and submit regular PO status reports for outstanding orders or projects to provide visibility to operations about the status of orders
• Attend operations and project meetings to provide expediting support.
• Proactively inform, customer or project team members in case of unexpected delays or issues with purchase orders, and provide the necessary support to resolve issues.
• Participate in external and internal audits.
• Raise non-conformances related to supply chain activities.
• Stop any job or unsafe act to avoid accidents, injury or damage to personnel or property.
Material Controller, Lead Buyer, Buyers, Finance, Supply Chain inventory and materials team. SAP/ERP specialist.
Customer representatives, vendors, auditors
FOR RECRUITMENT PURPOSES
Degree Qualification in a relevant field, legal, economics, finance, business administration, accounting.
Membership of studying for Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply qualification.
- 5 years practical experience as Expeditor for projects in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Must be familiar with International and Local procurement processes and regulations. Experience organizing, executing and expediting purchase orders 7 years plus experience in Oil & Gas Sector
- Computer Literate
- Effective interpersonal skills with excellent oral and written communications
- Excellent Organizational & Administration Skills
- Effective Negotiating skills
- Commercial acumen
- Able to work in deadline-driven environments and work within teams.
- Working knowledge of legal aspects and implications of contracts, terms and conditions, warranties, incoterms, minimizing risk to the business. Working knowledge of ERP – SAP/Ariba
E - mail : [email protected]