Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Primary Principal, Primary Deputy Principal Academic, the PYP Coordinator and colleagues to ensure the effective delivery of the PYP programmer and to design and implement a relevant, challenging and rigorous curriculum;
- Plan and deliver lessons in the relevant subject area, ensuring attention is given to appropriate differentiation;
- Contribute to collaborative learning at all levels of school life;
- Planning and presenting lessons to facilitate students’ understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Create inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of skills within an environment based on trust and respect;
- Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances pupils’ learning;
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues in a professional manner;
- Assist with any other duties, tasks or jobs as may be reasonably requested by the Primary Principal or Deputy;
- Bachelor’s degree in Education with a specialization in Mathematics, or equivalent
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in primary years education as a Math teacher;
- Previous experience of teaching the PYP programmer is preferred;
- Ability to communicate with pupils, colleagues and parents, and to build strong relationships with all members of the school community;
- Ability to work collaboratively;
- English language certificate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized, flexible disposition.
- A thorough understanding of best practices in teaching.
- Ability to work with enthusiasts who are aged 5 to 10 years and work as a team in the team;
CVs should include the following information:
- Full name;
- Date of birth;
- All detailed information about higher education;
- All detailed information about official work experience;
- Names and contact details of 2 professional referees.
CVs will be shortlisted based on a candidate’s work experience and meeting the requirements. Successful candidates will be tested for their subject knowledge and competency:
- Subject, English language tests;
- A pedagogical essay;
- Demonstration lesson;
If you are interested to apply, please send a cover letter with a CV addressing relevant qualifications and experience to e-mail.
CVs without cover letters will not be considered. In the subject line of your e-mail message, please mention the title of the position you are applying for. No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
Email: [email protected]